- Country: Medina - Saudi Arabia
- Listed: July 14, 2021 7:21 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Manager, Project Management is responsible for the effective operation of the Project Management Department in Yanbu. The role will also be responsible for the performance of staff working in support of the department activities, ensuring that work of all staff conform with the department needs.
Reports directly to the Director of Project Management and to the Program Manager Interfaces frequently with senior management personnel, both Saudi Arabian Parsons Limited (SAPL) and Royal Commission on Project Management Department issues. Supervises all department staff and support functions related to capital projects.
- Support the Director in establishing and implementing department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures as approved by the Director.
- Ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans for the department are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of RC, respective business unit and division.
- Develop departmental business plans that are in line with Division/Business Unit/RC objectives as directed by the Director.
Budgeting and Control
- Monitor costs and resources in day-to-day activities.
- Assist the Director in establishing and implementing the business plan, priorities and working objectives of the department and section in alignment with Executive Management’s vision as stated with the approved Annual Work Plan.
- Actively participate and contribute to the department staffing and budget planning
- Be prepared to represent the department in executive management meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate with other departments and divisions in the implementation of current department deliverables and initiatives.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to projects for the resolution of difficult and complex project management issues.
- Assist in establishing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Actively participate in relevant coordination meetings and provide direction in daily operations for all sections related to capital projects and department staff to manage output and products in accordance with department objectives.
- Manage contractor prequalification, performs proposals analysis, and approves the proposal, which adds the highest value to the Royal Commission (RC) after coordination with Contracts and Procurement Department.
- Review projects and recommend approval of initial and final acceptance certificates to Director in accordance with Construction Department.
- Set project schedules for internal purposes, coordinate communication efforts with various technical affairs department, and advise departments of any overlaps in schedules and provide input and feedback to rectify deviations.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are established and applied throughout project stages.
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental (HSE) control policies and procedures are taken into consideration during the project duration.
- Manage project controls and reporting operations for the department workplan.
- In the absence of the Director, support the acting Director until such time as the director resumes his duties.
- People Management
- Direct or assist in establishing, measuring, and reporting the achievement of department goals and targets, KPI’s, QA/QC procedures and performance
- Assist the Director in identifying gaps in knowledge and skill sets of staff, and in implementation of appropriate training and career path advancement tools.
- Assist the Director in communicating the support needs of the department to the SAPL Program Manager.
- Evaluate subordinate performance in a fair, transparent and objective manner on a periodic basis
- Create an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goats.
- Communicate relevant information to subordinates and superiors.
- Resolve problems and issues as they relate to departmental scope and management of staff.
- Analyze difficult department staff situations using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Related Assignments
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed by the Director to achieve departmental success.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related subject. A postgraduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience working in project management, with at least 10 years working in a supervisory or management role.
- Certification in Project Management or Total Quality Management desirable.
- Knowledge of international standards for quality assurance (ISO).
- Knowledge of cost estimation methodologies.
- Familiar with proposals, construction, engineering and consultative projects.
- Experienced at assessing and communicating the impact of design, construction, specification changes and
- schedule slippages.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills with the ability to communicate at a high-level. Arabic would be an advantage.
- Expertise in the techniques of cost control and contract management and coordination of project estimation processes and efforts.
- Experience in dealing with contractors/vendors/subcontractors.
- Knowledge of quality, health safety and environment (HSE) regulations and procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills are essential with experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
More Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Accounting And Auditing Jobs
Administrative And Office Jobs
Advertising And Marketing Jobs
Architecture And Design Jobs
Banking And Finance Jobs
Business And Management Jobs
Catering And Food Services Jobs
Civil And Construction Jobs
Customer Services Jobs
Education And Training Jobs
General Labor Jobs
General Management Jobs
Graphics And Web Design Jobs
Human Resources Jobs
Information Technology Jobs
Medical And Healthcare Jobs
Other Jobs Jobs
Purchasing And Procurement Jobs