- Country: Qatar
- Listed: May 24, 2021 7:43 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Project Manager in our Doha office to manage one or more concurrent projects. This person will be accountable for the success of his/her project lifecycles (initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing). Reporting to the Regional Director in Qatar and working closely with Head of PMO-Middle East in UAE, this role will also collaborate with Technical Leads and BI Consultants assigned to projects (for implementation and delivery). The ideal candidate is a Project Manager with strong experience managing fixed-price IT projects in the Gulf region, and can work comfortably within a niche Business Intelligence matrix consultancy environment.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from initiation to closure following the Clariba PM process.
- Support the Head of PMO-Middle East with SOWs (review and obtain signature from customers).
- Work closely with Middle East Sales team for successful transition from won deals to project planning and delivery stages.
- Work closely with our customers to understand their problems, deliver quality solutions, and ensure that customer satisfaction remains high; stakeholder management at C levels.
- Follow Project Management Institute methodology as well as internal Clariba PM process to ensure detailed tracking and communication of project progress from a task, time, schedule, and cost perspective.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans enabling intelligent decision making by all stakeholders.
- Identify risks and dependencies; escalate them to the Head of PMO-Middle East and Regional Director of Qatar.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal teams to ensure that project finances, expenditures, and resources are correctly monitored and forecasted at all times.
- Utilize policies, procedures and business plan to make decisions in the best interest of Clariba.
- Oversee 1-2 direct reports as well as contractors and and internal project team members from various regions.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing, math, engineering, business, or information technology related field of study.
- 5+ years of IT project management experience in GCC region: within strong-matrix consulting firms working with external clients.
- Experience in implementing and developing enterprise scale systems.
- A proven track record for project planning, executing, controlling, and closing on fixed price projects within complex customer environments.
- A clear understanding of the software, licencing and solution architecture at a high level.
- Ability to work closely with the technical delivery team to achieve results and project success.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and relating with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Absolute fluency in written and spoken English.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous technical consultant/developer roles in digital transformation or analytics would be an asset.
- Working towards PMP designation.
- ScrumMaster or Agile Certification.
- Previous Business Analysis experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic would be an asset.
- Project Management: Regularly utilizes core project management methodologies (e.g. PMI, Prince2, Agile, Scrum, etc.); scopes out end-to-end projects, develops schedules and clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and monitors progress, and results; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; delivers completed projects that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Comfort Around Higher Management: Can deal comfortably with senior managers and CEOs internally and in customer environments; can determine the best way to get things done with higher management by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can change course if a customer project requires a different approach; is comfortable dealing with problems that don’t have clear solutions or outcomes; considers precedent and history when forming big decisions; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Developing Others: Can keep project team moving toward successful completion of tasks and project objectives, even in the face of aggressive schedules and discouraging developments; is knowledgeable of team strengths and weaknesses and can effectively coordinate team members so that they complement and support each other.
- Developing Repeat Business: Comfortably initiates conversations with existing customers about project extensions, additional resources to initiate repeat business.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with customers; can be both direct and diplomatic; gains trust quickly when negotiating project deliverables; can find agreement for change requests; has a good sense of timing when negotiating.
- Availability for long-term full-time employment in Doha, Qatar
- Comfort 100% on-site work model in customer offices in or near Doha (although some projects may be ok for hybrid work from home and work from office model).
- Willingness for occasional travel to other countries in the GCC region
What We Offer:
- An international and multicultural environment with the opportunity to work in a growing company
- A permanent contract in Doha, Qatar (with Clariba visa sponsorship and relocation support)
- Annual Performance Plan and Development Plan to support learning objectives
- Opportunities to gain responsibility and progress through our management career path
- The chance to gain valuable leadership, management and communication skills
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package (base salary, housing allowance, car allowance, annual flight ticket, medical insurance, IMPACT bonus up to 10%, training fund, etc.)