- Country: Jeddah - Saudi Arabia
- Listed: April 25, 2020 10:11 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Role is based in Jeddah, Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer, Jobs in Saudi Arabia, in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in his/her areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
· Opportunities for growth – You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
· Scale New Heights- With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
What will YOU bring?
· High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
· Experience in deployment and ability to work with 3rd party vendors.
· A new and curious mind-set, always looking for changes to improve the status quo no matter how good it may be.
· A curious mind-set that always question: what we can do better. .
· A true team player that is happy to share knowledge and work together as a team to always innovate and improve how we work.
· Proven ability to lead and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks
· Good analytical skills with attention to details
· Ownership and accountability
· Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
The successful candidate will have:
· Second line experience supporting enterprise network hardware (using Cisco products).
· A strong background in supporting and troubleshooting Networks – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Good working knowledge of enterprise switches, firewalls, and using the CLI.
· Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, the OSI 7 layer model, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, HSRP or other high availability solutions.
· Understanding of wireless networking in an enterprise environment such as coverage challenges and end user device roaming.
· Understanding of copper and fiber data cabling, e.g. CAT6, single mode and multi-mode fiber optics.
· Working knowledge of Linux from installations, file systems, using text editors such as vi, general Linux CLI commands and Linux systems administration.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft back office technologies. Although most of our Active Directory / ADFS, Mail systems, etc. are managed by a separate team your experience to discuss problems or areas of improvement would be advantageous.
· Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability of complex technical issues.
· Essential you have worked in a customer facing role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent oral communication and written skills to develop clear and concise documentation and to engage effectively with the business at all levels, in different situations.
· Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE), Linux (LPIC-1, LPIC-2).
· Experience in the administration of heterogeneous network environments with Microsoft Windows and Linux based clients and servers
– Experience in IT asset management and purchasing
– Advanced knowledge in handling all common network and Internet protocols
· Experience with Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN / WiFi)
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
In addition we expect fluency in English, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Click Here to Directly Apply on Company’s Website
More Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Accounting And Auditing Jobs
Administrative And Office Jobs
Advertising And Marketing Jobs
Architecture And Design Jobs
Banking And Finance Jobs
Business And Management Jobs
Catering And Food Services Jobs
Civil And Construction Jobs
Customer Services Jobs
Education And Training Jobs
General Labor Jobs
General Management Jobs
Graphics And Web Design Jobs
Human Resources Jobs
Information Technology Jobs
Medical And Healthcare Jobs
Other Jobs Jobs
Purchasing And Procurement Jobs